Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mixed feelings

I was just about to blog about how I was thrilled that I was down 1.4 at yesterday's WI (total of 8.8)... when I just stumbled across my progress pictures. I took those over a month ago at 139.8... and I was just disappointed to realize that I've only lost 2 lbs since then.

I know, I know... be happy with ANY loss. And I know that some weeks there won't even BE a loss -- like those two weeks when I gained one week, then stayed the same the next. And I KNOW I need to be happy about being down 8.8 lbs... that first 10 lb mark is just around the corner!

I do already feel slimmer and more confident.... why can't I just be happy with that, and use that as incentive to keep going?

With that in mind -- I'm going to grab this kooky spring-like day, and do the longest bike ride I can possibly do. It's already 61 degrees out! Actually... my muscles might need to take it easy today -- yesterday I did a really tough one-hour iTrain run outside, and my quads are singing the blues today. It makes perfect sense, but just didn't occur to me, that running outside is much harder than running on the treadmill -- harder impact, and you don't have the motion of the treadmill pushing you along.

Have a great day! Would love to hear your stories... what keeps you excited about your weight loss journey when things are moving slowly?

No comments:

Post a Comment